Your hot spot for Publications, Educational Materials, and News
This is a continuously growing list. Please add in the comments to share more materials – there are many oldies but goodies- add all the new ones as well (include a link when possible)!!
Crate, Susan and Nuttall, Mark. Anthropology and Climate Change: From Actions to Transformations.
Dove, Michael. Anthropology of Climate Change: An Historical Reader.
Guarasci, B., Moore, A., and Vaughn, S. Citation Matters: An Updated Reading List for a Progressive Environmental Anthropology.
Rice Social Sciences: What We’re Reading Now
Materials on Cli-fi/Imaginaries:
Cli-fi short film GROW
Atwood, Margaret. 2009. Time capsule found on the dead planet
Brown, Forrest. What is climate fiction? Cli-Fi and How it can help us respond to the climate crisis.
Bacigalupi, Paolo. 2006. The Tamarisk Hunter.
Milkoreit, Manjana. 2017. Imaginary politics: climate change and making the future.
Schneider-Mayerson, Matthew. 2019. The Absence of Climate Justice
- Comberti et al., 2019. Adaptation and Resilience: Indigenous COP
- Bhavnani, Kum-Kum, et al. 2019. Climate futures: re-imagining global climate justice.
- Marino, Elizabeth. 2015. Fierce Climate, Sacred Ground: An Ethnography of Climate Change in Shishmaref, Alaska. University of Alaska Press.
- Hoffman, Eriksen, and Mendes. 2022. Cooling Down: Local Responses to Global Climate Change.
- Krauss, Werner. 2015. Anthropology in the Anthropocene: Sustainable Development, Climate Change and Interdisciplinary Research
- Figueres and Rivett-Carnac. 2021. The Future we Choose.
- Orrin Pilkey and Keith Pilkey. 2011. Global Climate Change: A Primer. Durham: Duke University Press.
- Patrick Bond. 2012. Politics of Climate Justice. Paralysis Above, Movement Below. Cape Town, South Africa: University of Kwa Zulu Natal Press.
- Naomi Klein. 2014. This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. The Climate. New York: Simon and Schuster.
- Felix Dodds, Jorge Laguna-Celis and Liz Thompson. 2014. From Rio+20 to a New Development Agenda: Building a Bridge to a Sustainable Future. London: Routledge.
- Chakrabarty, Dipesh. 2009. The Climate of History: Four Theses. Critical Inquiry 35 (2): 197- 222.
- Chakrabarty, Dipesh. 2012. “Postcolonial studies and the challenge of climate change.” New Literary History. 43 (1): 1-18.
- Cruikshank, Julie. 2001. Glaciers and Climate Change.
- Latulippe, Nicole and Klenk, Nicole. 2020. Making room and moving over: knowledge co-production, Indigenous knowledge sovereignty and the politics of global environmental change decision-making.
Please share a link to your syllabus!
Graduate Programs and Research Opportunities